The Green Dog has some New Year's Resolutions to share, not all her own personal ones, but as a citizen of this country, I'm making some for the nation too:
1. Get out of Iraq sooner rather than later. To that end, a committed group of California Progressive Democrats has been formulating a resolution to send to the State and National Parties with the ultimate goal to be that Congress acts to end the War. A new (but probably not final) iteration of that resolution is as follows:
The occupation of Iraq has resulted in loss of life for more than 1300 American troops and the maiming and injuring or more than 10,000 more, is draining American resources, and saddling the nation with an enormous debt that will only victimize our children and grandchildren; and
The occupation of Iraq by American forces rather than making us safer, is jeopardizing the security of the United States by creating even more insurgents while stripping us of the moral high ground which further undermines our ability to defend ourselves in time of attack; and
The occupation of Iraq has resulted in untold loss of life for Iraqi civilians, destruction of infrastructure, while turning former allies against us, effectively isolating us from the protective sympathies of the rest of humankind;
Therefore, be it resolved that the (insert appropriate AD Committee or name of Club or Central Committee) _____ calls for an end to the US administered occupation of Iraq, coupled with the creation of an international body that assists the Iraqi people in freely and peacefully determining their own future.
Be it further resolved that the California Democratic Party call upon the United States Congress, which has the ultimate power to declare and end war, to immediately implement the same.
Your comments please! Change for your state!
2. Inaugurate President Kerry.
3. Exercise more and eat Blue.
4. Keep Hope alive!
5. Win back Red California
6. Get a Progressive Action Caucus going
7. Get a California Green PAC going to win initiatives for the environment and all living things.
8. Get organized (You should see my desk!)
9. Have fun with friends and family
10. Get ready for 2006. Win back the Congress!